8 Ways to Spruce Up Your Listing’s Curb Appeal
Staging a yard can give a home the all-important, buyer-pleasing curb appeal. Here are some suggestions that are both inexpensive and easy.
- Make it green. Balancing the pH level and feeding the lawn lots of nutrients will give it a lush and healthy look.
- Trim trees and shrubbery. Overgrown branches hide a home’s good looks.
- Mulch everything. Mulch gives flowerbeds visual appeal.
- Edge the beds. Edging makes everything look neat.
- Powerwash the siding, sidewalks and patios. Power washing gets rid of all the winter grunge.
- Plant annuals. Lots of geraniums, impatiens and petunias brighten up the look.
- Plant a garden. If the Obama’s can do it, so can everyone else.
- Hang a hammock. It suggests life is easy.
Source: The Wall Street Journal, June Fletcher (04/03/2009)
Landscaping Tricks That Wow Buyers